https://www.amsol.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Supporting-our-communities_1-scaled.jpg 2473 2560 amsol@amsol https://www.amsol.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/logo-300x138.png amsol@amsol2022-12-09 10:59:012022-12-13 09:02:11SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITIES
AMSOL remains committed to positively impacting the communities in which it operates which is reflected in a number of recent initiatives:
- The company awarded a bursary to learner Thembi Mazula at the Lawhill Maritime Centre Awards at the end of November for 2023 Maritime Studies at Cape Peninsula University of Technology.
- In continuation of a multi-year partnership with Cape Mental Health, this year AMSOL supported the continued roll out of their ‘Easy to Read’ Programme and funded entrepreneurship training and workplace experience for 20 South Africans.
- AMSOL’s CEO Paul Maclons was a guest speaker at a Salesian Institute Youth Projects event in November for the ‘Stitch Ahead’ programme where he announced a donation to the project. This active Non-Profit Organisation works in youth education and skills development, offering support, life skills, and vocational training.
- As part of AMSOL’s commitment to environmental sustainability and awareness, the company has partnered with the Sustainable Seas Trust to produce and distribute an educational resource. ‘Anelisa and her Heavy Plastic Bag’ is a book that can assist educators and parents in raising awareness amongst young children about plastic waste and contains fun activities that can be completed whilst reading.
- AMSOL renewed its Gold Partner status with the National Sea Rescue Institute (NSRI), a volunteer organization that not only provides a rescue service in South African waters but also educates communities about water safety.